Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Dark Side

For one so young, you've been through storms that have sunk the hearts of many
for one so young, you've beheld what ne'er a word could paint


I never met one so wise beyond her years
I never met one so likened unto me, and yet so unlike me
I longed to hold you in my arms
To console you, and thereby, bring the magic back into your life

But in the moment that I do, I become more .... and less
Caught up in that larger entity that is love
And in that moment also, my heart is gripped by a darkness
One that's blacker than existence itself, and weightier than life!

My heart's always harbored the noblest of intentions
But then tis said that, "the road to hell is paved with good intentions"
I never intended to add to your sorrows
Only that all troubles be far from your heart


Now forgive me for being so blind
But know you that I will be better
For my heart will break the spell
And my mind shall dispel the illusion

Then will I be, your light at the end of the tunnel
The lighthouse that'll guide you unto safer shores
Now! take hold of my hand ....
And come

D EL

No comments:

Post a Comment